quicksearch
Anthony Gismondi on Wine
Terravista Albariño
91POINTS
16¾/20

Terravista Albariño 2016

Naramata Bench, Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, CanadaTasted several times this is one of Canada's unique wines. The third vintage of this Naramata Bench-dominant albariño is 70 percent grown on Terravista’s home vineyard: Lone Hand Ranch. The other 30 percent comes off the Gravelbourg Vineyard on the Black Sage Bench. The nose is an enticing, potent mix of anise, nectarine, tangerine and apricot that remain fresh throughout its full, off-dry, glycerol-slicked palate. A flush of ginger spice permeates the finish that remains bright, suggesting glass after glass with just about any food you can think of. Impressive vintage after vintage, it should make the Spanish nervous.Tasted: 26 July 2017Tasted by: Anthony Gismondi and Treve RingPrices: BC 24.90 winery direct, private wine shops Producer: Terravista VineyardsDistributors: Winery Direct
Grape: AlbariñoUPC: 627843135302