Anthony Gismondi on Wine
Arzuaga Crianza Ribera del Duerotext

Arzuaga Crianza Ribera del Duero 2019

Ribera del Duero, Castilla-Leon, SpainThe Arzuaga crianza is a 94/6 mix of tempranillo and cabernet sauvignon/merlot and malbec. 70 percent of the tempranillo comes off the clay and limestone soils of the La Planta farm’s La Maquinilla vineyard. In comparison, the other 30 percent is grown on centuries-old vineyards of pebbled and sandy soils in the province of Burgos. It is all hand-picked and fermented in stainless steel before spending 16 months in a 75/25 mix of French and American oak barrels. The nose is highly aromatic, offloading black fruit and balsamic with a hint of toasted wood. Elegant and mouth-filling with a bright, savoury, dense, complex mid-palate, this is a delicious introduction to Ribera del Duero tempranillo with very little tannin to dissipate. It is an ideal companion for lamb, big game, and turkey. Excellent value.Tasted: 10 November 2022Tasted by: Anthony GismondiPrices:
BC$49.99750mlselect private retailers
Producer: Bodegas ArzuagaDistributors: Vinterra Wine Merchants
Blend: Tempranillo - Cabernet SauvignonCSPC: 398283UPC: 8437016927052