Anthony Gismondi on Wine
50th Parallel Estate Pinot Gris

50th Parallel Estate Pinot Gris 2019

Lake Country, Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, CanadaTake your cue from the 50th Parallel moniker, suggesting it will be crisp, refreshing, lively, and rich in acidity. The fruit is all hand harvested and whole bunch pressed. In 2019, 75% of the juice was fermented cold in stainless steel tanks, while the remaining 25% was fermented in three-year-old French oak barrels mixing texture with freshness. I confess this style has more appeal to me with its electric peach, nectarine and citrus palate. Ready to drink and best served with halibut or grilled salmon, or some of your favourite samosas.Tasted: 19 June 2020Tasted by: Anthony GismondiPrices: BC 22.50 winery online, grocery, VQA and select private retailers Producer: 50th Parallel EstateDistributors: Winery Direct
Grape: Pinot Gris/Pinot GrigioCSPC: 223859UPC: 626990130246