Anthony Gismondi on Wine
Château Pesquié Silica Rouge

Château Pesquié Silica Rouge 2017

Ventoux, Southern Rhone, Rhone Valley, FranceSilica Rouge is the latest Pesquié red and the third single-vineyard wine by Alexandre and Frédéric. The terroir is sandy (if you haven't guessed from the name) and it's a blend of mostly grenache (90 percent) with 10 percent cinsault. Post ferment, 30 percent is aged in concrete eggs while the remaining 70 percent is aged in more substantial, older oak demi-muids to keep the wood to a minimum. The nose is fantastic, bolder than the Artemia with lifted black cherries and strawberries laced with black licorice and violets. The palate is dense with rich but rounded tannins. The finish is long, and the textures silky. Power and finesse is a rare combination, but it’s all here in a very vibrant package. Surely a statement for both Ventoux and biodynamic grape growing.Tasted: 12 August 2019Tasted by: Anthony GismondiPrices: BC 54.99 private wine shops AB 47.99 private wine shops ON 67.95 consignment QC 59.75 SAQ Producer: Château PesquiéDistributors: Appellation Wine Marketing
Blend: Grenache - CinsaultCSPC: 214112UPC: 3760149592947